Wednesday 19 July 2017

Blogger Recognition Award



The lovely Rachel tagged me on Twitter and her blog for this award, so a big thank you to her! I am very very grateful. You can find here blog here: Rachel's Rambling Reviews.
I need to tag 15 other bloggers for this award, which I shall do at the bottom of this post and on Twitter. Some of you may have already been nominated, so double congratulations! 😊

Rules:

1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.

2. Write a post to show your award.

3. Give a brief story of how your blog started.

4. Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.

5. Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.

6. Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them & provide the link to the post you created.

How My Blog Started:

I'm a very new blog at the moment, not even a week old yet, so still a newbie. However, I've been a Bookstagrammer for several months now, and I saw lots of my bookish friends had book blogs and BookTubes, and I enjoyed reading the blogs and watching the videos. Originally, I was going to start a BookTube channel but decided against it in favour of a book blog instead. I think the reason was because I'm decent at writing and not-so-decent at editing videos together, like BookTubers have to do! I received lots of encouragement from my followers on Bookstagram for both the blog and BookTube, so decided to go for it!

Advice For New Bloggers:

I'm not sure how great this advice is going to be, because as I said, I'm not an experienced blogger, but this is what I have learnt in the week that I've been blogging so far.
  1. Use social media lots. I've met a lot of new blogger friends, and I've learnt quickly that having friends in this community is not only a good way to grow your blog, but it also makes blogging so much more fun and helps grow your confidence.
  2. Don't be afraid to reach out and ask for opportunities, rather than waiting for them to be give to you, because they most likely won't be. For example, I've reached out and made friends with other bloggers, I've joined NetGalley, I'm always searching the #BloggersWanted hashtag and I've put out my own #BloggersWanted to see if anyone is interesting in collabing with me!

Here are the bloggers that I nominate for this award:


If you've already been nominated or just don't want to do the blog post, I won't be at all offended. I just thought that this was a great way to share some amazing bloggers, and obviously thank Rachel for nominating me.

Books&Belle xx




10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the nomination my love, will let you know when I get around to doing this! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for tagging me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! And welcome to the book blogging community. I've been doing this for 3 years, and although I don't have a "big" blog I have enjoyed the different people I have connected with over the years. It's fun when you find your "tribe". But yes, so use social media to connect with bloggers, I know I'm pretty bad at it, and want to get better I'm just kind of shy, even on twitter.

    Deanna Reads Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're so cute for doing this, when we've barely even spoken! thank you so much for mentioning me xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    Marty
    www.ChampagneAndCheese.co.uk

    ReplyDelete